The home garage was designed to have space in your home for storage, parking the family car, or home projects. But because of the design of the garage door, there are safety hazards that the homeowner should be aware of to keep friends and families safe. Here is a list of garage safety tips that you should take into account when conducting any activities or projects in the garage space.
Keep Garage Door Opener In A Safe Location
- Garage Door Opening Switch: In the event of having small children spending time in the garage because of arts and craft projects, make sure that the garage door switch is placed out of site and somewhere they are not able to reach.
Be Sure To Locate Your Garage Door Emergency Switch
- Emergency Release: Every garage door has an emergency release switch. Check the owner’s manual to locate where the emergency release switch is and how to operate it
Regularly Schedule Maintenance
- Routine Maintenance: Every month, inspect the garage door for any loose wiring, cables, springs or signs of wear. Do not try to repair these components yourself, instead contact a garage door specialist for more information.
Test Reversing Mechanisms
- Reversing Mechanism: Monthly check the garage door reversing mechanism and test if it is in proper working order. Test by placing a roll of paper towel at the closing point of the garage door. If the garage door makes contact with the paper towel and does not immediately retract, call a garage door specialist.
Be Sure To Securely Lock Your Garage Door
- Leaving the Door Partially Open: Do not leave the garage door partially open, it is difficult to determine if the garage door is currently on its way down or retracting back upward. It is also a smart idea to keep the garage door closed for safety issues in fear of home invasion.
Because you deserve the best, we don’t settle for less.
Our highly-skilled, certified sales team and technicians work carefully to ensure complete satisfaction. Our goal is to provide customers with the most appropriate solution by considering such things as performance, aesthetics, budgets, and scheduling. For a commercial or residential service call, repair, or installation; contact us directly on our site, or by phone at 603-553-9797, we’ll be happy to walk you through every step of the job!